This page contains general and specific information on the services you can enjoy using Mobeetrip. Please read this information prior to contacting the Mobeetrip customer support service.
Take into account that reservations as regarded as purchases, refunds involve costs and may be limited or not permitted by the airline for certain fares, and flights should be confirmed before departure.
If you fail to find the information you are looking for here, please contact us.
- What happens after making a reservation on Mobeetrip.com? How do I know if my ticket has been issued?
- Separate fees charged by Mobeetrip and the supplier (airline or hotel reservation center)
- I haven't received confirmation of my booking . What should I do?
- Bookings made by third parties (the ticket is paid by someone other than the passengers
- E-tickets flight to USA
- How can I obtain a resident discount?
- Forms of payments
- Does Mobeetrip need signed authorization to charge payment of tickets to a credit card?
- What is an electronic ticket? What are its advantages?
- Why is there double the amount on my credit card receipt?
- Can I cancel a reservation after purchasing a ticket? Can I apply for a refund?
- Can I change my reservation?
- How can a surname be changed on a reservation?
- What documents do I need to travel?
- Who is responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents?
- What should I do if I can't manage to conclude the reservation?
- What should I do if I got the date or time wrong?
- What should I do if I can't see the final confirmation page?
- What should I do if I don't receive the confirmation e-mail?
- How do I make a booking for a child?
- How do I ask for an invoice?
- What do I have to do when I get to the airport?
- How do I submit a complaint or suggestion?
1. What happens after making a reservation on mobeetrip.com? How do I know if my ticket has been issued?
At the time you make a purchase on Mobeetrip, a confirmation page will appear on which you can check whether or not your reservation has been confirmed and where you can see the corresponding confirmation codes.
Furthermore, when you conclude the purchase process on Mobeetrip you will receive an e-mail confirming the reservation with the same confirmation codes.
As soon as payment has been approved you will receive a second confirmatory e-mail containing your receipt and ticket details. Given we work with electronic tickets you will be in possession of everything you need to travel after receipt of this second e-mail.
All you need to travel with an electronic ticket are the confirmation codes (sent to you in the first and second e-mails) and a valid travel document such as an ID card or passport. You may wish to print out a copy of the reservation or confirmatory e-mail so you have the codes at hand.
EXTREMELY useful recommendations:
Flights must be confirmed 24 hours prior to departure. You can do this by phoning the airline or via the site http://www.checkmytrip.com. Airlines reserve the right to change departure times at the last minute.
We recommend you supply us with your mobile phone number so we may call or text you in the event of problems with the payment process, flight alterations or other urgent reasons.
2. Separate fees charged by Mobeetrip and the supplier (airline or hotel booking office)
You may well see more than one entry in relation to your purchase on your credit or debit card. This is due to two reasons: (a) separate fees charged by Mobeetrip and the service provider (airline or hotel booking office), and (b) fees withheld temporarily by the banking institution.
A) Separate fees charged by Mobeetrip and the service provider:
It is common for the purchase to include several items which normally appear in two or more separate fees, one charged by the airline (this may be two in the case of different airlines on return flights) or another provider, and the other by Mobeetrip.
- The fare
- Extras (in the case of low-cost airlines)
- Fees charged by the hotel booking office (Expedia)
In the case of car rental reservations the purchase will not be debited and should be paid directly to the service provider at the time of taking charge of the vehicle. However, the passenger should present a guarantee of payment at the time of booking the vehicle.
- Train tickets (RENFE)
- Administration fees (deducted from the Mobeetrip discount, if applicable to the service in question)
- Insurance costs (optional, only charged if insurance is taken out)
- Insurance costs (optional, only charged if insurance is taken out)
All items payable to Mobeetrip are charged together and deducted from the amount of discount. The sum of all the charges will always match the total stated on the webpage on making the reservation.
B) Amounts temporarily withheld by the banking institution.
Banking institutions may temporarily freeze the amount available to spend until definitive payment is made in order to return this amount afterwards. In other words you can see temporary duplicated charges, one of which will be returned by the bank.
3. I haven´t received confirmation of my booking. What should I do?
If you have not received a confirmatory e-mail within 2 hours of making the reservation then there may be a problem with your mailbox or a filter has blocked e-mails from Mobeetrip.
If this is the case, please get in touch with our Mobeetrip customer support service and provide a mobile phone number or alternative e-mail address for us to contact you.
4. Bookings made by third parties (the ticket is paid by someone other than the passengers)
You can make a reservation even if you are not a passenger. It essential you give us a mobile phone number to guarantee the booking process: This means we can text you and ask you to contact us in relation to the payment process if necessary.
5. Flights to the USA using e-tickets
With regard to flying to the USA, the following information on passengers covered under the PIV (Visa Exemption Program) is needed.
All passengers covered under the PIV (Visa Exemption Program) should obtain electronic authorization to travel before embarking by sea or air for the USA. This authorization, named E.S.T.A. (Electronic System for Travel Authorization), can be obtained on the site https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. It authorizes a 90-day stay with a return ticket and an optically or electronically read passport. All other types of trip or passport require a visa issued by the embassy subject to an interview.
The E.S.T.A. website (https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov) asks each passenger to answer basic questions on personal data and elegibility contained on paper form I-94W (the form is handed out on planes flying to the USA).The questions are answered very quickly. There are three types of answer:
1. AUTHORIZATION APPROVED: Trip authorized
2. TRIP NOT AUTHORIZED: The traveler should obtain a non-immigrant visa at an American consulate or embassy before travelling to the USA.
3. AUTHORIZATION PENDING: The traveler should check the E.S.T.A. website for updates within 72 hours to receive the final answer. The delay could be due to incorrect dates of birth or names coinciding with other people. Authorization by the E.S.T.A. for the trip is valid for two years from the date of the authorization, unless revoked, or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever falls first.
- It is also valid for multiple entries to the USA. In accordance with new trips, the applicant´s desination addresses and itineraries should be updated on the E.S.T.A. site.
- This does not guarantee entry to the USA at any port of entrance. The E.S.T.A. approval authorizes the traveler to embark for the USA under the visa exemption system. It does not guarantee the passenger will not be detained for questioning on arrival.
The embassy recommends that if the E.S.T.A. is applied for within 72 hours of departure the authorization slip should be printed out and placed in your passaport.
The E.S.T.A. application is subject to the costs stated on the site at the time of application.
6. How can I obtain a resident discount?
You should tick the corresponding box in the flight search form. If you live in the the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands or Melilla you are entitled to a resident discount whenever your flight departs from or arrives at these communities and where the fare permits.
This applies to airlines Iberia, Spanair and Air Europe only. Fares stated in the flight search do not mention resident discount.
7. Forms of paying for tickets.
You can pay for tickets using Cartã or a credit or debit card
8. Does Mobeetrip need signed authorization to charge payment of tickets to a credit card?
Mobeetrip will often request delivery by fax of the express authorization of the paying customer, and, in certain cases, a legible photocopy of the ID card or passport of the same.
Cases where a fax is usually required include:
When the total amount of the confirmed reservation is equal to or greater than €1,000 (one thousand euros).
When the holder of the credit card used to effect the payment is not one of the passengers or the purchaser of the trip.
9. What is an electronic ticket? What are its advantages?
An electronic ticket is different to a normal or paper ticket in that the electronic ticket is safely registered directly with the airline and no paper document is generated at all. Your electronic ticket is identified by the code generated by the Amadeus booking system and delivered to you by Mobeetrip.An electronic ticket has significant advantages (and no disadvantage) over a physical ticket:
- It is more economical
- There is no need to send it by mail, no need to wait, and you don´t have to be at home to receive it
- Once your payment has been authorized we e-mail you the receipt and you have all you need to travel!
- There is no risk of losing it
- No paper is used, thereby protecting the environment
- Mobeetrip works with electronic tickets only.
10. Why is there double the amount on my credit card receipt?
If you paid for your ticket with a credit card, you will see the amount on the receipt has been temporarily charged in double. Half of the charge refers to a temporary withholding and the other half to the ticket you have reserved.
The withheld amount will automatically disappear within a week to a month. All travel agencies are subject to this temporary withholding and the same is in compliance with the directive existing among Portuguese banking institutions, debit card issuers and IATA.
11. Can I cancel a reservation after purchasing a ticket? Can I apply for a refund?
Reservations are definitive and Mobeetrip will issue the reserved tickets. Mobeetrip will not grant cancellations as tickets are issued at the time of reservation, normally automatically once payment has been cleared. In the case of not being able to travel, you should apply for a refund or use the cancellation insurance if applicable. In order to recover your money in the event of unforeseeable circumstances such as helath issues, we recommend you take out cancellation insurance whenever the same is available.
Refunds are given by the airlines and are subject to fare conditions. The cheapest fares, also known as discount fares or “restricted tourist” fares (identified on the page as "CHANGE/REFUND RESTRICTED" in the “Conditions of Service” on the checkout page) are not refundable. For these cases Mobeetrip recommends taking out cancellation insurance whenever the same is available. Mobeetrip charges a €50 fee for processing refunds, in addition to any fee charged by the airline and will only process refunds for tickets over €75.
12. Can I change my reservation?
You can request changes by sending a message to the Mobeetrip customer support service. Airlines almost always charge additional fees for any kind of alteration
In certain cases, particularly in relation to economy or discount fares, the airlines do not accept alterations or the cost of the same is equal to the price of the ticket. In addition to the fees charged by the airline, Mobeetrip charges additional administrative fees per person. You can check the service fees for alterations in the Mobeetrip service general conditions.
13. How can a surname be changed on a reservation?
It is almost impossible to change the surname on an existing reservation, especially in relation to ecomony or discount bookings, and the said alteration implies the total forfeiture of the amount paid for the original ticket.
In certain cases we may cancel the existing reservation and issue a new ticket, whereby the purchaser is liable for all associated costs. In the best scenario the customer will only bear the cost of the cancellation and administration fees charged by the airline and Mobeetrip administrative fees, normally €150.
14. What documents do I need to travel?
All you need for domestic flights is your ID card, however in certain cases a passoprt is also required. For flights within Schengen airspace, subject to the agreement not having been suspended and provided you have Portuguese nationality and a valid ID card; for the rest of the world a passport valid for at least six months from the date of the trip is mandatory, and in accordance with the country in question an entry visa may also be required.
15. Who is responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents?
The pertinent administrative authorities will notify you of any specific formalities needed to travel (passport, visa, certificates, etc). You are responsible for complying with these formalities.
You will not have the right to a refund in the event you are not allowed to embark for having failed to present the necessary documents. The passenger is solely responsible for possessing the documentation needed to travel.
16. What should I do if I can´t manage to conclude the reservation?
In certain cases the airline´s booking system may be unavailable, making reservations impossible. In this case Mobeetrip does not store the payment data provided by the customer. Your user name and password will be kept active but data in relation to
Your credit card or any other form of payment will not be stored.
We recommend you send a message to the Mobeetrip customer support service in order to process your reservation.
17. What should I do if I got the date or time wrong?
It is imperative you don´t make mistakes in relation to the date, time, name of passenger, or data in relation to your reservation as tickets are often issued automatically.
18. What should I do if I can´t see the final confirmation page?
If you can´t see the final confirmation page then you booking has not been made and the data has not been stored. In this case we recommend you contact the Mobeetrip customer support service, specifying your name, surname, mobile phone number and the itinerary you tried to book.
19. What should I do if I don´t receive the confirmation e-mail?
In this case we recommend you contact the Mobeetrip customer support service, specifying your name, surname, mobile phone number and the itinerary you tried to book.
20. How are reservations for children made?
Specify the number of each type of passenger on the flight search page: adults, children and babies. In order to make the reservation we require the child´s age and ID card/passport number. Please remember that minors should be accompanied by an adult to be able to travel.
If you request an invoice after the entire process has been concluded Mobeetrip will charge a €30 administrastive fee
21. How do I ask for an invoice?
In the event you asked for an invoice in the purchase process the same will be immediately available in your customer area at the time your ticket is issued.
You may request an invoice for a non-billed service at a later date. In this case Mobeetrip will charge a €30 administrative fee.
22. What do I have to do on arrival at the airport?
You should go to the company´s check-in desk and present your ID card or passport and your reservation code.
23. How do I submit a complaint or suggestion?
Please send a message to our marketing department at email@example.com